Thursday, October 12, 2023

City Storefronts

One of my favorite parts of the city is finding amazingly unique, vintage, and quaint storefronts. Some are old mainstays in established neighborhoods, others newer spots that have managed to fit in perfectly. Each has a personality that perfectly marries the neighborhood with the property. Most of my favorites are down in the East and West Villages, Soho, and Greenwich Village. 
Ray's Candy Shop - Avenue A
Davey's Ice Cream - East 9th Street
Singlish - East 13th Street
Tortaria - University Place
Maman - Greenwich Village
Pasquale Jones - Lower East Side
Felice on Hudson - West Village
Fellini Coffee - West Village

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

14 thoughts on the matter:

roentare said... {Reply}

All these street facades have different depths to them all

aspiritofsimplicity said... {Reply}

I am reading Life in Five Senses by Gretchen Rubin and in the chapter on taste she visits a few Jewish restaurants in NYC with her daughter and mother-in-law. Yonah Schimmels's Knish Bakery on East Houston, Russ and Daughters (bagels and smoked fish), Economy Candy on the Lower East Side, Kossar's Bagels and Bialys, and The Pickle Guy. Your store frontsm especially the first one, reminded me of this chapter in the book.

Amy Johnson said... {Reply}

Oh my goodness, those store fronts are amazing. I especially love the first two! Thanks for the party!

Tom said... {Reply}

...thanks for the tour.

Ann said... {Reply}

These signs are fabulous - love the vintage vibe!

mvmaithai said... {Reply}

Love these pictures. Haven't been to Greenwich Village in ages:-(

LA Paylor said... {Reply}

I took a long time to walk the sidewalks of Ny with you today. I fondly remember going there for my 50th birthday weekend, and walking as much as we could. Walking there was like a show, like a gallery, like a window into the world of diversity.
LeeAnna

Cloudia said... {Reply}

Thanks for this fun walk through the village. God bless Israel. Aloha!

Slabs said... {Reply}

Gorgeous and very inviting store fronts. Love it

I linked up this week with = 25+26. Come and join us at SeniorSalonPitStop. You will find the linkup information under BLOGGING.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

Old New York! I love it. I worked in Greenwich Village in the 70s and my daughter went to NUYU in the 90s so that part of the city will always be special to me.

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Oh, what adorable little establishments around the city! I love seeing places like this thrive over the giant, stupid chain retailers and restaurants that try to shut down small businesses. And I love that you take the time to highlight these small businesses. Fun photos!

Shelbee

Laura @ Our Grand Lives said... {Reply}

Your storefront photos are filled with so much city charm! I loved each one! Thanks for hosting!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

So many cute storefronts!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Those are some really cool storefronts. Love all of them.