Thursday, September 5, 2024

Rye Playland

I am ashamed to admit that I had never been to Rye Playland! Playland sits on the Long Island Sound in the town of Rye and is a national historic monument. Built in 1928 it features an amusement park, ice palace, beach, boardwalk, and even a pool. 
It has this amazing old time feel and a great mix of little kid and thrill rides. It reminded me of Wonderland in Ocean City when I was a kid. I picked a super late summer day to walk around and enjoyed the sites and sounds. Next summer, we will definitely have to go back with the nieces and nephews are visiting!  

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!


10 thoughts on the matter:

rupam sarma said... {Reply}

Rye Playland truly amazing , Loved all pics

Tom said... {Reply}

...excitement of my youth.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I've never been there but I remember my nephews going when they were little!

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said... {Reply}

Beautiful and fun!

Cloudia said... {Reply}

Nice series of shots!

Slabs said... {Reply}

Great trip you had. Many a time we do not get to our own 'backyard' to see all the treasure.
Thanks, Tamar, for hosting weekly.
My entries this week are numbered #20+21
Hope you will join/share M-Sat at https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

Fun and memories for me! The only roller coaster I ever rode in my life was in Rye Playland on a school trip when I was in elementary school! As much as I wanted to ride the Cyclone roller coaster in Coney Island, no one in my family would go along with me...lol...so I afraid to go by myself.

Joanne said... {Reply}

I've never even heard of this place; your photos are fabulous though. It looks like a well maintained piece of history.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

I had never heard of this place either! I love the vintage vibe of it. I can relate about Wonderland pier!! Did you see that Gillian's Pier is closing?

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

It looks like such a cheerful place!

Shelbee