Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Honored and Creative

I was so honored and surprised when Andrea nominated me as a Kreativ blogger. Thank you, Andrea, for your kind nomination! If nominated you are supposed to share 10 facts about yourself that others may not know. Then you get to nominate other bloggers who you find to be creative and inspirational!

So, 10 facts about me. These are so hard for me! I am actually, really bad at talking about myself like this. I spent all weekend trying to get ten! 
I was a lefty until the first day of kindergarten, when I walked in and picked up a pencil with my right hand. I stil do a bunch of things as a lefty, though, just not write. 

I have what is known as "episodic memory" - I have really vivid memories of much of my life, from the day I had my tonsils removed at 3.5 to what my first grade teacher wore on the first day of school. Who needs a camcorder, with this kind of memory?

I actually have a slight (slight) southern twank to my voice, because believe it or not my part of South Jersey is kinda Southern, and my mom grew up with a drawl and passed it on to me!
I am still pretty afraid of the dark. No need for a night light, but if the lights suddenly go out in a room I get pretty freaked out. 

I'm also really really (really) afraid of snakes. The school science lab has one and I take it as a huge victory that I can walk by its cage each day pretending it isn't actually there.

I am a total klutz, huge klutz. Despite being a dancer for over 15 years, I am still famous for walking into things, most recently, a light pole this past week while walking to the gym. Trust me, don't ask.
I love, love, love Indian food and could happily pack my bags, move to India, and never eat "American" cuisine ever again. Although I think I would miss snow and winter.

I have strange obsessive behaviors like trying as hard as I can to get my socks to match my shirt each day or trying to make sure the yogurt cups in my fridge are organized in rows by type.

I must make my bed each morning or I spend all day thinking about how I left it all messed up. 

I can read lips and am really fun to watch sporting events with because I can tell you all the dirty words the coach and players say. I can also tell you that the Queen remarked while awaiting her carriage after the royal wedding, "why that was quite lovely."
So, that's some strange and random facts about me! Thank you again Andrea for your sweet nomination! 

Without further ado, 6 bloggers who really inspire me and have become great blog friends this past year are:


PS - my first week of Project 366 is the post below this one, hope you'll check it out! And I've created a button on the right to link all my 366 posts in one place! And, if you wish, I created my own blog button, also on the right side!

12 thoughts on the matter:

4 Lettre Words said... {Reply}

You are so sweet, Tamar. Thank you so much!

Kmcblackburn said... {Reply}

Your "southern twang" gave me a chuckle. I moved to Philly from Maryland when I was in 2nd grade. Apparently I had somewhat of a "southern accent" (???? who knew?) and the school actually put me in SPEECH CLASSES to get rid of it! I got yanked from class twice a week to perish the twang!

Congrats on the Kreativ Blogger award, much deserved!

Kathy

tinajo said... {Reply}

Thank you, you warm my heart! :-)

It´s FUN to read things like this - and a klutz even though a dancer? Didn´t see THAT one coming..! :-D

deb duty said... {Reply}

Love the random facts! I'm jealous of your memory. I'm terrible at being able to remember my own life!

Unknown said... {Reply}

Those were some really fun things to learn about you!

Brooklyn said... {Reply}

I have the same problem with the dark. I tell my husband that I leave a light in the hall so the kids can see if they get up but it's for me too.

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

It's fun reading these random facts about you. :)

I'm the same way with snakes. When I was younger, we had a hardbound book of reptiles at home. While I was fascinated with all the pictures, I would turn the pages touching only the tip of each page with my fingernails --so that I wouldn't have to touch any of the photos of the snakes!

sherri lynn said... {Reply}

Aw, thank you Tamar! :)

These are such fun facts! I also have to make my bed every day and my hubby thinks I'm crazy! I have to admit I'm super jealous that you can read lips! I would totally be "eavesdropping" on everyone!

Susan said... {Reply}

Such fun facts! Love that you can lip read!

Sian said... {Reply}

aw it was fun to read those facts about you. You are so interesting x

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

I'm totally laughing because it sounds like we are very similar in a lot of ways. :) I love when I find out these little things about people I visit- so nice to see a little more inside. How on earth does one find out they have a memory like that? Did they test you or something? Must come in handy when it comes to taking tests :)

Andrea Dawn said... {Reply}

Love your list, Tamar. I can relate to the socks matching shirt thing.