Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Vermont Get-a-way

Some times you just need to escape the city and disconnect from the world for a weekend. Vermont was the escape location of choice for this summer's get-a-way and it didn't disappoint. I found an amazing B and B online and it was just amazing. 
 It was called the West River Inn, and in a nice quiet part of southern VT right along a little river. 20 acres of paradise with stables and barns (and an actual horse farm across the street!).
Terry and Nick, the inn keepers, are amazing hosts. So welcoming, easy to chat with, and all around amazing. They also have 6 dogs who are out on leads for you to get to know too. Horses and dogs - heaven!
We hung out by the river, so peaceful and crisp and cool - who needs the Cape, when you have a river outside your B and B?
They have the coolest decor too - just the best mix of antiques and fun little bits and bobs. They also go above and beyond your typical B and B - snacks all day long, fresh made guac, amazing well water for sipping, and lots of coffee. Coffee on the porch both mornings was so refreshing. 
But with this view how can it not be?

Seriously, cannot wait to go back this winter to stay again and ski on some near by mountains!

And! Come link up and join the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday, right here!

16 thoughts on the matter:

NCSue said... {Reply}

I wonder if it's ever "tomorrow"? When's the free beer?
Neat shots - I hope you'll link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/08/orchids-variety-in-bloom.html

Suburban Girl said... {Reply}

Oh my, I love Vermont and I love B&Bs. I will have to check this place out!

Rhonda Albom said... {Reply}

Every photo I see of Vermont is beautiful like the ones here. What a peaceful state.

Carol Blackburn said... {Reply}

Sounds very peaceful. It's good to get some R & R.

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

It looks absolutely wonderful!!!!! I could stay for quite a while.

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

Vermont is so beautiful! Was it any cooler there than Mass and New Hampshire! Boy it was hot the last two weeks.

Anonymous said... {Reply}

Looks like a lovely retreat - envy the river as an end of the back"yard!"

Anonymous said... {Reply}

*sigh* It looks just delightful and I am so glad you had a chance to get away before the school year begins! BTW, my husband just got back from Isreal and raved about the food!

Carraol said... {Reply}

Great series of images, the place looks so inviting, a heaven for urban people, so peaceful to walk and take a lot of visual moments! Thanks for visiting.

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

Oh wow, lovely pictures Tamar :) wish I could have a walk around here..

Anonymous said... {Reply}

You made a wonderful choice of getting away.


Lovely pictures.

Adrienne said... {Reply}

Wow! Perfection! I've got to get to Vermont. This looks like a fun place for a gals weekend...blogger getaway??! It could happen!

Tom said... {Reply}

Reminds me of the Bob Newhart show. Tom The Backroads Traveller

Anonymous said... {Reply}

Looks like a beautiful place. Just love that red barn!

Bekah said... {Reply}

STUNNING. And I am such a sucker for food in shapes. That is so cute!! And I love a B&B. I don't think we've stayed in one since our honeymoon. That's no good!!!

elizabeth said... {Reply}

I love those beautiful barns!