Thursday, October 27, 2016

Things My Third Graders Say v. 15

kid 1: boys are annoying
kid 2: my mom says get used to it...that's life! 

me: what does it mean to have clammy hands
kid: you ate non-kosher?

kid: how do i write a picture of myself?

kid: captioning this #firstpost

kid: i have 2 pets, they're my little brothers

me: how many teeth did you lose?
kid: none!
me: I see grown up teeth...
kid: they're not lost, the tooth fairy has them!
kid: i started doing factorials, now I'm stuck....

me: oy! 
kid: are you british??

me: I'll be 29 on my next birthday
kid 1: jeez that's ancient!
kid 2: that's not ancient...yet!

me: you can come closer, i don't bite, i don't eat kids!
kid: yeah kids aren't kosher

me: it's so hard being a grown up
kid: yeah you have to adult!

me: the important part about you is...
kid: my atoms!  
kid: are those your sons?
me: nope, they're my nephews - you guys are my "kids" 
kid: you look good for giving birth to 35 third graders!

kid 1: what does smooching mean?
kids: kissing! 
kid 1: ick!! this isn't rated pg!

kid: I have a dinosaur bone in my bag! i got it on ebay!

kids: oo oo oo!!! 
me: i teach kids not monkeys
kid: we're both mammals! 

me: i know what i am doing some of the time
kid: shouldn't you know all of the time?
kid: ms. benjamin my pre-frontal cortex let me know what you did so i did the work super fast!

kid: only my 3 year old brother can't do that
me: what about the baby?
kid: eh he can't do anything!

kid: oy, kids these days!

Me: what's the autumnal equinox?
Kid: when the earth gets sucked into a black hole and gets squashed?

me: how old do you think I am?
kid 1: 40?
kid 2: she better be married if she's 40!
kid: my ipad needs a growth mindset

me: what is a transition word?
kid: clean up

kid: I don't want voldemort to win, then we can say we defeated him!

kid: doodle, doodle, doodle, I made it out of crayon

me: who knows what plankton is
kid: that microscopic fish food and the evil guy on spongebob

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

15 thoughts on the matter:

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

Aw, these are just precious! I especially love these posts of yours. :)

Ohmydearests said... {Reply}

this is always so much fun!

aspiritofsimplicity said... {Reply}

They are so funny. I work with 2 year olds and we laugh all day at the things they come up with. A sense of humor is a requirement if you work with young people.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

These are always so entertaining! Plankton is one of my favorites (and his computer wife Karen!).

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

Oh my goodness- they say some funny things.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

This series is my favorite! I laughed at clammy hands! And doodle doodle doodle!

Mitzi said... {Reply}

Oh, I love their little conversations! Children are so much fun!

Kmcblackburn said... {Reply}

Out of the mouths of babes....and grade schoolers :)

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Very cute. Just wait until you have been teaching for two decades like me. Those comments are what keeps me going every year.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

Your students are so clever ...and funny! Children say the sweetest most innocent things..so refreshing!

Chere Mama said... {Reply}

I like the transition word...clean up. Hee hee!

renae in real life said... {Reply}

These kids say the "darndest things". I recall liking these posts about your students and what they have to say. I liked the age one on that you were "ancient". hahahaha

Ida said... {Reply}

I just love reading all the hilarious things your students come up with.

Molly said... {Reply}

These are hilarious

Mollyxxx

Sharon said... {Reply}

Kids are the best. I love how they have no concept of age. One of my teacher friends told her class she is 104 and they believed her!