Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Summer in the City

Wooh! There's nothing like summer in the city...
Someone in a rush...in the greatest city in the world...

{Schuyler Sisters -- Hamilton}

I had a 2 day training in Brooklyn last week and stayed with mom in White Plains which meant I got to commute in and out of the city for two days.

That commuter life is no joke! It wasn't that bad of a commute in truth. Express train into the city and then a quick subway ride over to Brooklyn. But it was crazy to realize I was hopping on a train in one "world" and really emerging in another.

Both afternoons I walked back into Manhattan over the Brooklyn Bridge. Such a great walk, albeit a bit crowded with tourists. It was fun to feel like I was in the city as a professional not a tourist and just go from point A to B.

While I am in no means a New Yorker nor do I have the desire to be one, it's nice to know I can crush that city life commute!

Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

11 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...I just saw last night a PBS show about the Brooklyn Bridge. Thanks for sharing!

NCSue said... {Reply}

Interesting post. Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/07/hhhhiiiiiiiisssssssss.html!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

That gives you a lot of confidence I'm sure! I love that walk too but it is crazy busy with people, bikes and even a wedding shoot or two (at least when we were there). Now that song is stuck in my head but I don't mind!

packmom said... {Reply}

All great shots. Love seeing the city trough your lens.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I have never walked over the Brooklyn Bridge. It must have been hot!

Suza said... {Reply}

Fantastic Pictures

Suburban Girl said... {Reply}

The images are really good. I especially like the 2nd one. The edit really adds to it.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

I lived in Brooklyn most of my life! I'll never lose my accent ;)

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

Such beautiful shots Tamar, I want to visit! Thanks for sharing at The Wednesday blog hop.

Klara S said... {Reply}

I'm sorry, but I prefer summer by the sea... :-) Good captures. The one in the tube is my favourite.

Alexa T said... {Reply}

Great aspects captured in the city! So interesting views; my favourite, the first one! A lovely Sunday and new week ahead!