Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Boston Winter

Hail the winter days after dark...
Oh, January, oh...

{January Hymn -- The Decemberists}

Last year during the winter months, City Hall Plaza downtown was transformed into a winter village. Vendors, ice skating, lights, music, the works. I had a blast exploring it one night and was so excited to hear it was coming back again.

This year it was bigger and just as magical. Sweet shops, warm cider wafting through the air, lights stung over head, and music playing in the background.

I just love this new Boston tradition. A way to lighten up and warm up these cold nights and make use of the huge plaza. Boston Winter has quickly become a winter tradition for me!


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

11 thoughts on the matter:

Bekah said... {Reply}

Beautiful!! I am so terrible at night photography. Your photos are stunning!!

Tom said... {Reply}

...love The Decemberists!

NCSue said... {Reply}

Brrrr - I believe you're welcome to experience Boston winters on my behalf - I'm no fan of cold or ice!
Thanks for letting me experience it second-hand!
https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/01/curiosity.html

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

That looks really cool- and cold!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Philly has been doing that too. We didn't make it down at night though. I loved your Boston pics. So festive!

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

Oh yes - it sure is dark - but I'm excited that the days are getting shorter now. :)

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Wow, very lovely.

Joanne said... {Reply}

That is a fun way to lighten the bleak January nights; these lights are so pretty!

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

Fun! The last winter I visited it was freezing cold the worst was the wind.

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

Stunning photos Tamar. You got some beautiful shots :) Thanks for linking up to The Wednesday Blog Hop. Hope you can join me tomorrow.

Suburban Girl said... {Reply}

Phila does the same thing, I think they all stole it from Europe, which is nice because it is much closer!