Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Imperfection

If I, if I have been untrue
I hope you know it was never to you...

And by all that I have done wrong
I will make it all up to thee...
{Bird on a Wire -- Leonard Cohen}
Tonight begins Yom Kippur. 
One of the holiest days on the Jewish calendar. 
A day meant to begin the year fresh. 
A clean slate. 
A clear conscious. 

I used to struggle with this somber day. 
In recent years, I've taken this day to really look inward. 
Not to fear I haven't been worthy of "being inscribed in the Book of Life" but to find a way to give myself new life. 
To release myself from things that have help me back. To release myself from vows and bonds that subconsciously held me back. 

This year, I am trying to work very hard on letting the little things go.
To release the doubt that often creeps in. 
I am not perfect. Others aren't perfect.
I can't control the little things. 
Trying to takes away some of the joy from life. 
Embracing the imperfections can only help me grow. 

May this day be meaningful and the start of a chapter of growth in all our books.
   
   

Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

10 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...letting the little things go can be so hard, but why.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Definitely not always easy to let things go and let yourself be! G'mar chasima tova.

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

May you find this day to be a step in moving forward in the right direction and a day to bring peace in your heart. Thank you always for sharing your insights and your faith.

Suburban Girl said... {Reply}

Doubt can be such a difficult obstacle. You are an inspiration.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Great attitude and perspective. Love that mug too!

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

Love this :)

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Love it very much. It is who I am trying to be. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you are having a wonderful week.

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

What wise words. Off to find the song.

EricaSta said... {Reply}

A happy WednesdayAroundTheWorld - it’s a good Post, I enjoyed it so much! I love the songs of Leonard Cohen, too.
Wish you a perfect day

Pieni Lintu said... {Reply}

Oh no!!! I didn't see that when I made our WATW post. :D Cool mug!