Tuesday, March 19, 2019

NYC Half Marathon

In New York,
Concrete jungle where dreams are made of...

There's nothin' you can't do
Now you're in New York...


{Empire State of Mind -- Jay Z}

Ran my 5th half marathon on Sunday in NYC. 
The race started in Prospect Park, Brooklyn and snaked over the Manhatten Bridge into Manhatten. 
The views were amazing as we ran up FDR Drive, past the United Nations and into midtown. We ran straight up 7th Avenue, through Times Square and into Central Park. 

What a route!

In truth, Sunday's race was not my race. I worked hard to keep moving and refused to give up. I am beyond proud that I was so determined to make it to Central Park and get that medal. I didn't stop moving until I saw my mom at mile 11.5 where I had a moment before pushing on to the end.

Seeing that finish and getting my medal made the previous miles worth it. A nice added bonus was my cousin Yona came to meet me at the finish too!

Race number 2 for 2019 is in the books. Let's see what's next!




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

9 thoughts on the matter:

Bekah said... {Reply}

I'm proud of you for pushing through! Sorry it wasn't your best race - but great job in persevering!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

You're such a running rockstar! That sounds like a pretty route!

Tom said... {Reply}

...congrats!

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

Go you! You're quite the dynamo!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

So very cool and Congrats to you. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful Wednesday,

Life Images by Jill said... {Reply}

Well done you! I could never in my ever considered doing a marathon, let alone a half marathon, but my son does.

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

Great job! Have a wonderful week.

Klara S said... {Reply}

Congrats! Well done!
Thank you for hosting.

Pieni Lintu said... {Reply}

Well done Tamar!! :)

Have a lovely weekend! <3