Tuesday, April 30, 2019

BAA 5k 2019

Oh don't you dare look back...
Just keep your eyes on me...

{Walk the Moon -- Shut Up and Dance}

I can't believe it, but I ran my 4th consecutive BAA 5k over marathon weekend. It is one of my favorite races for so many reasons! It was my 2nd race ever 3 years ago and what finally started to ignite the running fire in my belly. To take to the streets for this race is a must do for me now! 

This year turned out amazing. Some warm-ups and hanging with teammates and then into the corals with my friend Rachel. We paced each other last year and decided to go for it again this year! 

The rain started back up as the race began, but if there is anything I do well it is to run in the rain! As always there were amazing crowds down on Comm. And, as expected, the famed "right on Hereford, left of Boylston" was emotional and amazing all in one (the rain made it super familiar). Seeing that marathon finish gate brought back allllll the feels and I plowed through the last mile to our finish. 

I truly just ran (I know I always say that). I let my legs settle in, unleash, and fly. This is one of the most solid races I have run in a long time and 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Come link up and join...

the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

12 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...keep on running!

Bekah said... {Reply}

So proud of you! :)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Woohoo! Sounds like it was a good one. I love that song too!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Great job!

Michelle said... {Reply}

Awesome! I always admire people who run AND enjoy it. Looks like a fantastic day.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

So very cool. Keep it up. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful rest of the week.

Annsterw said... {Reply}

Great job!!!! I love 5K's - they are the perfect distance!! Cutest medal ever! Annster's Domain

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

Fantastic! Go you!

Pieni Lintu said... {Reply}

Well done :)

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

Great job! congratulations! I wish I could run, but I have really bad feet. Boo! Have a wonderful week!

aspiritofsimplicity said... {Reply}

Great Job!! It was a tough day weather wise but you look super happy!

Adam Jones said... {Reply}

Congratulations on your race. It's an empowering feeling when you've finished. I love to run, but out injured at the moment.