Thursday, July 25, 2019

Mediterranean Banza Rice Salad

Summer is here and so is the season of salads. It's so easy in the summer to toss together super fresh veggies and create a refreshing meal for several days. This one was inspired by an orzo salad I saw in a magazine (I'd give credit but it was a doctor's office and I am blanking on which magazine it was!).
Orzo isn't gluten-free, but I have recently fallen head over heels in love with Banza's Chickpea Rice - gluten-free, vegan, high protein and really tastes more like orzo to me so I decided to use that as my base.
I added in some cucumber, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, more chickpeas, and cherry tomatoes and lots of fresh basil to create a pretty tasty (if I do say so myself) bowl of yum. 
I made a super informal dressing of olive oil and lemon juice and added some salt and pepper then tossed it all together! Summer in a bowl - easy to make, simple, and healthy!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

12 thoughts on the matter:

a spirit of simplicity said... {Reply}

I can’t wait to try Banza. I’ve never heard of it before.

Joanne said... {Reply}

That looks delicious!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Tamar, this looks so amazing! I pinned it to my meal planning board. I have been contemplating trying to go gluten-free. I do not have an allergy or a sensitivity, but I am wondering if it will just make me feel a little better overall. I have to do some more research, but I will definitely be trying out this recipe either way!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Tom said... {Reply}

...Look delish, here is my link!
https://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/2019/07/im-thankful.html

Mary K. said... {Reply}

This one sounds super tasty and I could definitely see myself making it for a hearty meal.

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

I love all things "Mediterranean" flavored. This sounds as if it would be a great hit with my crew.

riitta k said... {Reply}

Looks delicious - I eat salads almost every day!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

This looks so good! I love the Banza pasta, I'll have to look for their rice!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

That looks so good! I can't wait to eat chick peas again!

LA Paylor said... {Reply}

I've not heard of banza. I like chickpeas and love a salad so this is a must try thanks for suggesting it! LeeAnna

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That salad looks really good. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

Tea With Jennifer said... {Reply}

The 'rice' is intriguing!
Bless you,
Jennifer