Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Downton Abbey

Did we make the most of all we had? 
Not seeing you makes my heart sad...
Did we make the most of summer days? 
We still have time to change our ways...


{Did I Make the Most of Loving You -- Downton Abbey}

Downton Abbey anyone? One of my favorite Masterpiece series. The times. The plot. The clothes. The mansion! 

All of that came to Boston this summer in an amazing up-close exhibit all about the show (with some previews of the movie). 

The first part was all about the characters and bits and pieces about that time in history. There was even a book explaining how the Earl of Grantham would have fallen on the King's family tree. 

Then there was an amazing behind the scenes look at the "downstairs," dining room, Mr. Carson's office, and then an array of costumes from the show. These were done 100% true to the style of the time and look as though they'd been preserved for 100ish years! 

Super awesome way to spend a scorching afternoon in Boston and get ready for the Downton movie!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

8 thoughts on the matter:

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

I loved Downton Abbey! I will have to research where the exhibit is/was. We are coming to Boston in a month. I would love to visit.

Jackie McGuinness said... {Reply}

I know I would love Downton Abbey and yet have not watched it. I have to rectify this as I would love an exhibit like this.

Bekah said... {Reply}

I loved Downton...so excited/jealous that you got to see this!!

Tom said... {Reply}

...my favorite from BBC is Foyle's War.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

I saw the preview when we went to see Yesterday and it looks really good. I've missed them all!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I used to watch it but never finished the final season. What a fun exhibit!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That is so cool. Would love to see that exhibit.

Joanne said... {Reply}

I am a huge Downton fan but knew that no one else would want to take trip with me into Boston to see this. Looks like a great way to spend a hot summer day!