Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Greenfield Village

Tell me the tales that to me were so dear,
Long, long ago, long, long ago...

Sing me the songs I delighted to hear,
Long, long ago, long ago...


{Lone, Long Ago -- Thomas Haynes Bayly}

The other big attraction at The Henry Ford grounds is Greenfield Village. There are over a hundred original historical buildings that were moved to the village. The village shows how Americans have lived and worked since the founding of the country and includes buildings from the 17th century to the present. There are also costumed interpreters who are showing how people in that period completed tasks like farming, sewing, and cooking.

There was so much to see there and I only explored a little! I stuck to the Henry Ford and Main Street areas. I went into the house Ford was born and raised in, explored a main street from the late 1800s, and explored a two-room doctor's office (be thankful for modern medicine!). 

There was a scale model of the original Edison illuminating company, an old DT&M roundhouse, a glass blowing factory, working grist mill, and old printing office (I can only imagine the work it took to print papers before computers could do it all). You could even get a ride in a Model AA bus or Model T! 

I love places like this - a true step back in time - makes you really appreciate life in modernity and how spectacular every innovation was back then! 





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

9 thoughts on the matter:

Bekah said... {Reply}

I love places like this; how cool!! We HAVE to plan a trip here.

Tom said... {Reply}

...I need to pack my bags!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

How fun, we would love to visit a place like this!

Peabea Scribbles said... {Reply}

Sounds like a really nice visit. Love the photos you shared. Thanks for hosting.

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

That's so cute that they're all dressed up!

Veronica Lee said... {Reply}

I love to step back in time in places like this.

Haha! Now I can't get that song out of my head. Long, long ago... long,long ago ♬♪♪♫

Happy Wednesday!

Jill Foley said... {Reply}

What a cool place to visit!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said... {Reply}

I just googled the village, I was wondering where it was. We visited the Ford estate in Florida and I knew this looked different. Great photos

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

What a cool and wonderful place. Very nice.