Thursday, August 15, 2019

Henry Ford Museum of Innovation

I have always loved cars. As a kid I had more Hotwheels cars than Barbies. I could identify any car on the road and as an adult became hooked on the show Top Gear. So naturally, when in Detroit, I had to check out the Henry Ford Museum and it did not disappoint!
I couldn't believe the amount of automotive and industrial history this museum had! From the actual (yes the actual) bus Rosa Parks sat on, to several original Model T-Fords, to the Oscar Meyer Weiner Car!

There were several old presidential limos, a far simpler cry from the tanks the president is driven around in now! There were cars from every decade and they even had a few old car seats and whoa has safety come along away across the spectrum of the auto industry!

The museum also holds several old planes, an amazing array of old farming equipment, and a variety of other old machines that made the industrial advances possible in this country.

I easily spent over an hour or so wandering around - a must-see when you're in Detroit!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

13 thoughts on the matter:

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

My kids would LOVE this!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

So very cool, Tamar! America on Wheels is an antique car museum in Allentown, PA. My best friend got married there! It was a super cool venue for a wedding. I have been wanting to take my kids there this summer because they have recently become obsessed with cars! We are heading to that area the next few weekends, so I think I need to make this happen especially after seeing your post! Maybe I will post about it!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Bekah said... {Reply}

This post reminded me I DID go to Detroit as a kid, because I have pictures from this museum. HOWEVER...it's a much different-looking place now. I want to go back!

Tom said... {Reply}

...WOW, this big kid feels like he has seem heaven! I saw the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile once years ago.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

That is awesome and we'd love to go there! I once saw the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile in real life but I'd love to get a picture with it!

Grace Liang said... {Reply}

What a awesome place to visit! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

https://colorandgrace.com/

Lisa notes... said... {Reply}

I've never been into cars, but this museum does look interesting!

Joanne said... {Reply}

I bet my oldest son would love this museum! He's very big into cars.

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

Tamar, you find the coolest places to visit! Hubby would love to go to an automobile museum! Thanks for sharing.

We leave Sunday to visit your neck of the woods! :)

Klara S said... {Reply}

Beautiful!!!
Thank you for hosting.

Sharon said... {Reply}

This is such a fun museum! I've been here and would gladly go again. I loved the Oscar Meyer weinermobile!

Mary K. said... {Reply}

Very cool cars in this museum especially the hot dog!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

What a cool museum. I would love to visit there. So very nice.