Thursday, November 21, 2019

Business and Pleasure

I headed down to Atlanta last Wednesday for another ThinkCERCA institute, but this time I wouldn't just be attending...I'd be presenting! I gave a session on how to scaffold the program to achieve success in the mid-elementary grades and it was super well-received. The conference and my hotel were on the outskirts of the city and after a fun day of learning and presenting I took the train into the city to explore!
This was my second time in Atlanta and in Georgia, but I never really saw the sights downtown and took advantage of the much later sunset down here to have some fun! The subway station reminded me of DC with the insane escalator (I don't have a fear of heights, but that was intense!). I walked over to Olympic Park and saw the rings and other fun parts of that area. I got a nice glance at CNN, the aquarium, and the World of Coke, too.

Always fun to travel for business, even more fun when you get some fun in!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

14 thoughts on the matter:

Suburban Girl said... {Reply}

Congratulations! Look at you! Never been to visit Georgia myself.

a spirit of simplicity said... {Reply}

What an honor. I wish you were my teacher!

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

Good for you! Glad it went well.

Tom said... {Reply}

...life is all about moving forward, something that too many Americans are afraid of doing.

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Oh Tamar, how exciting for you! What a great experience! And I am loving all of these Atlanta landmarks. Thanks for sharing.

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

Congratulations on stellar melding of business and pleasure!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Isn't that the longest escalator in the world or something? We like downtown Atlanta! Very cool that you did a presentation!

Barbara Rogers said... {Reply}

Great to hear about your visit and "touring as well as working." I lived there many years ago, and had visited also when family lived nearby. Now I usually skip even going through the city on my way to see relatives in FL (from NC). The traffic is neither great on roads or the airport.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

I agree about working some fun in while you're working! How cool that you presented this year too. I haven't been to Atlanta -only Savannah but it looks like a fun city!

Anonymous said... {Reply}

Way to go! It’s awesome that you got to do some sightseeing as well.

Michelle
https://bijoubeadboutique.com

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That is so very cool. Nice. The ATL is one place I would love to visit. Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a wonderful week.

Bekah said... {Reply}

Oh wow!! I didn't realize you were presenting! What a great opportunity! I'm so glad you got to have fun, too, while you were there!

Joanne said... {Reply}

Congrats! I bet you were a great presenter.

Lisa notes... said... {Reply}

Glad you got to visit Atlanta! It's a fun city. The traffic is crazy, but they do have lots of things to do and see.