Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Quincy Quarry Reservation

Oh, you treat it like old graffiti
Oh, oh yeah

Too busy like old graffiti
Oh, oh


{Bibio -- Old Graffiti}

Quincy Quarry has been on my to-go see list for ages and I finally made it down 93 to check it out. It's an old stone quarry turned park where rock climbers and graffiti artists alike can go crazy tagging and climbing. 

It was a pretty neat site to see. You enter in from the bottom of the quarry and can take in all the tags. There are ways to get to the tops of some rock faces, either by climbing or paths (I chose the latter).

It was a bit busier than I liked but I was able to stay away from others, snap a few pictures, and get back to my car! Glad I finally ticked this place off the list!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!


9 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...how cool is this! we have a couple of old water tanks in town that are covered with graffiti.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

That is really cool. I found a place here that is an old water reservoir with graffiti, but I didn't find a way to get close to it and get good pictures!

Barbara Rogers said... {Reply}

Strange juxtaposition of nature and street art...but I guess it works. The rocks will outlive the paint.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

You are finding the best places! There's something about graffiti that makes me want to photograph it!

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

I like the pic with the climber - seems a lot of effort to then draw something...

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

What a cool place. I would really love to visit there. Very nice.

Natasha said... {Reply}

That is really cool!!! There is an alley in Toronto, which is not far from us, called Graffiti Alley, that we visited last summer. I love the graffiti in the naturalness of this setting though. Great pictures, as always!

handmade by amalia said... {Reply}

Than you for the lovely party.
Amalia
xo

Little Wandering Wren said... {Reply}

This is such a good idea - I often wonder to be a great street artist they have to combine the creative talents with the ability to scale large buildings, have no fear etc This Quarry is perfect for everyone. I would have taken the paths rather than climbed too!