Thursday, July 9, 2020

Clinton Tunnel

In my continuing "explore the cool outdoor parts of MA because all the museums are closed" adventures, I ventured out to Clinton in central MA to check out an abandoned railway tunnel. It was once the longest tunnel in the state and was built when rails were rerouted because of the nearby Wachusett Damn's building.
It was left for ruin in the 1970s and now is a short walk off the road. It's covered in graffiti and you can walk the whole tunnel. I elected to stay close to the entrance but it was still a cool spot to finally explore!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

13 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...well, this graffiti museum is open!

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

I would have stayed close to the entrance, too. Still, an interesting slice of history.

Barbara Rogers said... {Reply}

I like the cat on the tree trunk. It's a bit of a scary tunnel, even though you can see nobody's in there.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Whoa, I love all the graffiti!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Wow, that is a really cool tunnel! I love abandoned places like this. I don't think I have ever found a cool tunnel though! Thanks for sharing this, Tamar.

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

What a cool place to visit and photograph! I don't blame you for staying near the entrance!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

I am bummed about all the museum's being closed here also. But what a cool an interesting place. Love it an I would stay by the entrance also.

Joanne said... {Reply}

It is so neat but I too would have stayed near the entrance!

Lucy said... {Reply}

So cool! I'd be so curious to go in- but reluctant as well!

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

This tunnel reminds me of a marathon I did in Washington state where there was a 3-mile long tunnel as part of the course. Everyone was required to wear a headlamp. So cool!

Bekah said... {Reply}

I would have been way too chicken to go in alone, but it's so cool!

Grace said... {Reply}

Fascinating post and thank you for sharing!

Natasha said... {Reply}

My husband lived in Clinton until he was three and his family moved to Canada. This is so cool to see!