Thursday, July 16, 2020

Thai Banza Pasta Salad

Growing up we made a dish called Thai Salad all the time, especially in the summer. Angel hair pasta, tossed with baby corn and slightly cooked peppers and broccoli, and topped with a perfect sauce. It was our staple for family open houses and picnics. Easy to whip up and a crowd-pleaser.
Once we had to go gluten-free we never found a rice pasta that worked well in the moment or as leftovers. So sadly, this dish that was once one of my favorites became one I dreamed of.
Then, a few weeks ago I had a lightbulb moment. My new favorite, Banza pasta would probably work so well! It holds up great, especially leftovers. Added bonus - it's healthy! I had actually never used the Banza spaghetti before so it was fun to try a new shape when testing this out, too.
Well. Success. Success. Success! I was so excited to have this work - not just as I prepared it, but the leftovers too. I made some roasted salmon to go on top (for extra protein), and years ago we always offered tofu or salmon as toppings. This 100% works with traditional pasta, but if you're looking to make it GF for sure use the Banza!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

11 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

This looks so good - and easy too! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Tom said... {Reply}

...that looks great!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

YUM! This sounds like something I'd love!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Tamar, this looks amazing! I think I may make this tonight! We were going to grill some fish and I think this is perfect to go with it. Thanks for sharing!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Is that the chick pea pasta? I don't think we've tried that one. I've tried palmini!

Lucy said... {Reply}

Such an easy delicious recipe- making me hungry!!

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

This sounds delicious! I love Thai food and have been missing it during this pandemic as I'm not eating out or doing take in.

Grace said... {Reply}

That salad looks amazing! I will have to try out this recipe this weekend :-)

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That looks so good. Thanks for sharing.

Natasha said... {Reply}

This sounds really good! I will have to try it out, although probably with regular pasta.