Thursday, August 20, 2020

Croton Dam

My mom and I first explored the Croton Dam 9 years ago and have been back once or twice. The week I moved to NY, the 52 Frames theme was water, and not having many creative juices for a totally new exploration I drove back to the dam to get a shot for the week.
You could tell how dry it's been lately by how little water was coming down the rocks. It was a neat contrast to the gushing water being released from the dam! I went up to the top of the dam too and it's so neat to see the peaceful water as you hear the rushing water below.

It was a fun first official NY adventure after my move, more to come!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

12 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

Amazing shots! You can totally feel the power of the water.

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Tamar, these photos are beautiful! It is a gorgeous damn! We just explored an old run down mill in the Finger Lakes this past weekend. I took a few photos but they are not the greatest. I should try to get them on the blog. I hope you are settling in nicely at your new home!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Tom said... {Reply}

...a beautiful welcome back to the Empire State!

Naush said... {Reply}

Thank you for sharing the photos of the beautiful dam. Seems like an amazing architectural wonder.
Much love
Naush

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

Every site has a unique beauty. I always appreciate your adventures.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

That looks very cool!

Lucy said... {Reply}

Oh a New York adventure sounds so good...one day when all this stops, I've got to get to New YOrk:) xx

Joanne said... {Reply}

My husband has a hydroelectric dam and while it's always a bit sad to see the water just trickling out this drought is working in his favor this year as he is tackling lots of structural projects and doesn't have to work nearly as hard to keep the water diverted. What a pretty dam with the stepping blocks off to one side. I kind of like that the water was only a trickle so we could really see that.

Bekah said... {Reply}

YAY!! I am so looking forward to all your adventures. THIS is a stunning view - even if the water isn't gushing in all the pictures. I love this!!

French Creek Farmhouse said... {Reply}

It's so amazing that you put together this space for all of us to connect and share inspiration each week. The world needs more of this, and you are a peach for doing it! xo, Kristi

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

So very beautiful. What a cool place. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Natasha said... {Reply}

What a cool place! I love anywhere near the water.