Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Welcome to White Plains

Welcome to New York
It's been waitin' for you
Welcome to New York, welcome to New York...

Welcome to New York
It's been waitin' for you
Welcome to New York, welcome to New York...


{Welcome to New York -- Taylor Swift}

It's fun to move to a familiar place. It's new in terms of where I am living and I know this area very well, but I still feel like I am rediscovering it as a permanent resident. 

My mom and I moved to Westchester 13 summers ago, first living across the county in Tarrytown. 11 years ago we got a place in White Plains. It was home for a few college summers and many a vacation away from school and now work. Now, it's my home!

White Plains is often called a "mini-NYC" - 30 minute express trip into Grand Central by train. The downtown has been a financial center for years, with many people reverse commuting out of the city or from around the region. But, outside those downtown, city center, blocks you have lovely suburbs - big old houses, smaller condos, and tons of parks. 

The Bronx River snakes through WP and has my favorite local running path and there are fun city parks and fountains everywhere. I'm a 10 minute walk to Target, Starbucks, and more but also able to hit the trails for an escape from the "city life."

I cannot wait for COVID to really ease up  so I can take the train into the city regularly - but for now, I am re-enjoying White Plains being home base! 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

14 thoughts on the matter:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

It sounds like such an ideal spot! Your mom must be so happy too!

Tom said... {Reply}

...welcome home!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

I am so happy for you and your new adventures in familiar places! I look forward to seeing all the fun stuff you find to share around WP!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I don't know if I've ever been to White Plains!

magiceye said... {Reply}

Delightful captures all!

Susan Mann said... {Reply}

So many wonderful adventures and lovely photos xx

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

That tile shot is brilliant and I love the bandstand too! Glad the move went well and you are happy there!

Nancy Chan said... {Reply}

I like the "Welcome" sign and the lovely fountain. Have a great day.

LIfe Images by Jill said... {Reply}

take care in NY! Stay safe and enjoy the rest of your week.

Jill Foley said... {Reply}

Glad you are moved in and loving it!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

There is so much to see and do in NYC! Best wishes on your new place in White Plains

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Such a great spot there for you. Looks like a wonderful place.

Bekah said... {Reply}

I've learned so much about Boston from your blog, and now I'm excited to learn White Plains! (Currently I only know it as the source of Rachel's apothecary table on Friends. Pitiful, I know.)

Natasha said... {Reply}

We LOVE White Plains although now with Dave's cousins living in Pleasantville, we spend more time there. Although White Plains is still our go-to for taking the train to NYC and going to Target! Have fun rediscovering your city.