Tuesday, September 1, 2020

A Return to the NYBG

When a thing is wick, it has a life about it.
Maybe not a life like you and me...
But somewhere there's a secret streak of green inside it.
Now, come and let me show you what I mean...

{The Secret Garden -- Wick}

Mom and I finally made it back to our beloved New York Botanical Gardens over the weekend. The weather was spectacular and the grounds perfect for social distancing. They made many paths one way and the conservatory is closed, but there are still acres and acres to stroll and enjoy.

The gardens were bursting with beauty, too. As always, I feel like I saw plants I'd never seen before! It just felt so good to be in one of my favorite NY places - the first time since November. Possibly the longest I've gone between visits in 13 years, crazy. 

I will be making many trips there in the coming months. Taking advantage of this heaven on earth being in my backyard to watch the seasons truly change before my eyes. 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!


12 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...fabulous mini view of life!!!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Oh yay, I miss it there.

Bekah said... {Reply}

I LOVE botanical gardens. I'm so happy you have this one so I can enjoy the pictures! :)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

How gorgeous! I'm glad you could go back and visit safely!

handmade by amalia said... {Reply}

Happy September!
Amalia
xo

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

That roof is just beautiful!! Glad you are having some fun settling in (and seeking out old memories)

Grace said... {Reply}

Sounds like an amazing place to visit! Thank you for sharing the photos and I will have to check it out the next time I am in the area.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

What a wonderful and beautiful place. Very lovely. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

Life Images by Jill said... {Reply}

certainly looks like a beautiful garden to stroll around. Especially when there are flowers to brighten up your day. Stay safe and enjoy the rest of your week.

Moois van mie said... {Reply}

What a lovely place!

Joanne said... {Reply}

Simply stunning photos!

Natasha said... {Reply}

If these are the ones in Brooklyn, this is where we saw the Chilhuly glass and I have very good memories of that. I'm so glad you were able to get back to them.