Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020. The Year That Was...

Oh 2020.
You were like no other, that's for sure.
If we are grading on a curve, sure it was one (insert word here) year. But, I can easily look back on this year and say it had some passing moments.
January...
Turned 32. Museums. Saw Cats on Broadway. Dinners with friends.
February...
Two snowboarding days. Ice castles. More museums. Began to explore a new chapter.
March...
Saw Fiddler on Broadway. Purim. Last time seeing friends. Staying home. Zoom teaching. Interviews. 
April...
Passover alone. Exploring a quiet Boston. Hikes. More interviews. Too much Netflix.
May...
Gorgeous spring. Job offer. Online PD presenter. More hikes. More exploring. Zoom fatigue.
June...
Major civic movements. Teaching chapter closes. Packing boxes. Hip injury #2. More exploring.
July...
Officially started at WDS. Lots of packing. COVID good-byes. Last BOS adventures. Moved to NY.
August...
Settling into NY. NY explorations begin. Figuring our COVID-safe school. 
September...
Back to school, chapter 2. High Holy Days. Exploring Westchester. Making NY home.
October...
All the fall fun. Apple picking. Pumpkins. The Blaze. Postcard writing. Registered the car. We voted!
November...
Election results. Zoo lights. Storm King. Thanksgiving weekend. Time in NYC. 
December...
Snow day. Chanukah. First COVID test. Second COVID test. First museum since February. First time off since April! 
Was it a typical year? Nope.
Was it an easy year? Not even close. 
Can I look back and say I found ways to weather the storm? Very much so. 

A year ago, the thought of masking, distancing, and sanitizing 24/7 was the stuff of nightmares. When I hit send on a job application, in a different state, at the end of February never did I think I would have to move in a pandemic. In 2021, I hope we regain a sense of normal and what was lost. I hope we take the good from this insane year into the future. I hope I can drive back to MA and hug my friends and fly to Oregon and see my sister. 

But for now, let's let 2021 come in quietly and see where it takes us. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

11 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...you packed a lot into a difficult year, keep it going into a brighter 2021.

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Beautiful post, Tamar! I certainly feel blessed to have remained in tact through it all as I know that many have struggled much more than I have this year. I love that you have made the best of a bad situation and continued to follow your heart through it all. May 2021 bring many new and better blessings for us all!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I like how you did this. What a year it's been. I hope for better coming soon!

Joanne said... {Reply}

What a great wrap-up of the year. Wishing you a wonderful and healthy new year!

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

What a momentous year 2020 was for you, Tamar! Happy New Year!!! Hoping 2021 is even better. And I hope you can run again.

Klara S said... {Reply}

Happy New Year! All the best!

Anonymous said... {Reply}

What a year you had! I can’t imagine moving during the pandemic. But it looks like you experienced some good times along the way. And pandemic or no, I’ve always thought we should take the good where we can find it. I hope your hip is mended. Happy New Year! Let’s hope 2021 brings back being able to hug our loved ones.

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Sara Chapman in Seattle USA said... {Reply}

Loved your play-by-play of this incredible year. Bet you'll love living in NY.

Cloudia said... {Reply}

Blessings, cousin ❤️

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Such a wonderful post and you did a lot in 2020 in spite of the pandemic and everything else going on.

Happy Blessed New Year to you and your family.

Natasha said... {Reply}

I LOVED this way of reading about your year. And your last lines are perfect. Thank you.