Tuesday, February 2, 2021

The Jewish Museum

My one request for my birthday was "go to a museum" and the Jewish Museum felt like a perfect choice. Never busy in a pre-COVID world and I hadn't been there in ages. We lucked out, we got tickets an hour from closing time and there was next to no one there!

The main collection was on display - with some new pieces since the last time I was there. Then the main exhibition was a collection of 70 artists - from modern-day to the 18th century - to draw connections between historical oppression and other cultural changes we see as a result. It was breathtakingly powerful.
The exhibit was amazing. I said "whoa" more times than I can count. The Hebrew on this last photo says, in English, "if I am for myself, what am I?" and was printed on a mirror with part of the exhibit reflected behind me. Such a powerful take away as we continue to fight for justice for all in this chaotic world!

A great 2nd museum visit in the age of COVID for sure!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

14 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...I'm not prepared to go to museums yet.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I don't know if I've ever been there. Seems like a good one to add to the list for the next time we get to NYC, if that ever happens!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

What a cool experience. I can't wait to go back to museums! I've been to the Jewish museum in Philly but not this one.

Joanne said... {Reply}

That sounds like such a neat museum and I just love how colorful and powerful the displays are.

Natasha said... {Reply}

We need to get to the Jewish Museum next time we're in New York. I've heard it's very powerful.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Such a cool museum. I am hoping they open the ones here again soon. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Bekah said... {Reply}

I'm so glad you got to go - and so glad you were able to have the place mostly to yourself!

Life Images by Jill said... {Reply}

Certainly looks like it was a powerful exhibition. Take care, stay safe and enjoy the rest of your week.

Pieni Lintu said... {Reply}

Great and colorful!

Jackie McGuinness said... {Reply}

This looks like my kind of museum.
In lockdown here.
Our museums are closed since end of November. We had them open for a brief time during the summer with timed tickets required and I managed a few visits.

Aritha V. said... {Reply}

Very nice to go to musea. The Dutch one are closed.
Love the photos.

And thanks for hosting.

handmade by amalia said... {Reply}

Thank you for another lovely party.
Amalia
xo

Cloudia said... {Reply}

Very moving. thanks!

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

The poster exhibit looks wonderful! Lucky you for being able to go to a museum. That's one of the things I miss the most :(