Thursday, July 29, 2021

Van Gogh Experience

The current "it" exhibit in a variety of cities is the Immersive Van Gogh experience. I checked out one of the ones (there are 2, slightly unique ones apparently) in NYC before I headed out west. I learned a ton about Van Gogh and his troubled life. I had no idea he painted Stary Night in his first week in the mental hospital he had himself committed to and that it's said the brightness of the stars, contrast to the brightness in his other night scapes is meant to signify his withdrawal from the world and into the stars - powerful interpretations!
The piece de resistance was the massive digital projection room. Van Gogh's most famous paintings and periods dance across the wall and even floor. There were chairs and mats to sit on and just take it all in. I must have sat there for nearly 20 minutes watching the walls change and paintings dance, in a way. 

It was another unique NYC experience and a whole new way to take in art!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

13 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

I am so pleased you enjoyed it too! Your photos are wonderful!

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

I recently discovered a podcast in which they were discussing the role Van Gogh 's sister in law played in ensuring that his work would be seen and appreciated. Apparently, we would never have heard of him without her efforts.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I love Van Gogh and I really want to go to this when it comes here. It's kind of expensive though!

LA Paylor said... {Reply}

I saw a review of a show like this in Paris... I so wanted to be there to experience it. I studied his work but feel I could still learn so much more about his life and approach.

Tom said... {Reply}

...what an experience!!!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

This looks like an incredible experience, Tamar! I am a big fan of Van Gogh. I would love to see this exhibit! Thanks for sharing.

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

The van Gogh Immersive is coming to Denver and I have tickets to see it in October!

Cloudia said... {Reply}

Thank You

Joanne said... {Reply}

That looks amazing!!

Lea said... {Reply}

Oh wow! Sensory overload!

Tea With Jennifer said... {Reply}

One word; Wow!

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

This came to Atlanta, but sadly I wasn't able to get tickets.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

They have it here in San Francisco and it is sold out all the time. I would like to see it. Thanks for sharing it.