Thursday, August 26, 2021

Citrovia

Manhattan West, the area between Penn Station and Hudson Yards is becoming quite the destination. In the midst of the lingering construction in the area is an amazing new installation - a giant citrus grove. There are over 700 gigantic painted lemons nestled in a grove of trees with fabric, color changing clouds hanging above.
It reminded me of Willy Wonka's factory, a larger-than-life exhibit of giant citrons. Apparently, yellow and lemons in some cultures is a symbol of optimism. Something I think we can all use a bit of these days!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

13 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

How fabulous! Definitely looks like a set for a kids film.

Tom said... {Reply}

...holy vitamin C!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

How freaking cool is this, Tamar! It really does have a very special happiness factor, doesn't it? Life is better with lemons because without them how do we get lemonade?!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Lisa notes... said... {Reply}

I've never heard of Citrovia, but what a fun place to visit! My girlfriends and I are beginning to think again of a visit to New York next year (it got busted in 2020).

Romina Gil said... {Reply}

WOW! So amazing! I imagine a birthday party there :)

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

What? How cool is that!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

Lemony good!

Sara Chapman in Seattle USA said... {Reply}

These NYC art posts are the greatest. You are showing me a side of my old home town I never saw. Thank you so much.

Cloudia said... {Reply}

Thanks!

Joanne said... {Reply}

OH my goodness; that is amazing! I am loving the colors.

Bekah said... {Reply}

THAT IS SO COOL! I love it!

Azka Kamil said... {Reply}

Great post :)
have a nice day

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

What a cool place. I would so love to go there. Very nice.