Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Mount Saint Helens

One last Oregon post from my two weeks out west...
Avi and I made the trek up to Saint Helens to see the amazing crater. Neither of us has ever been there and it was beyond amazing to see in real life! You start to get views on the road up the mountain and it just kept getting better and better as we got closer and closer. 
The views from the north side were just wow. You are staring right into the crater and can see the ravine the ash flow carved as it barreled down the mountain. We saw some dust rising off the mountain, which was caused by rocks still falling off the unstable side. We learned that the lupines we saw dotting the mountain were the first plant to grow back after the explosion, too. 

I had done my 7th grade term paper on the Pacific Rim of Fire and read a lot about St. Helens so finally seeing it in person, 20 years later, was just wow. In fact, Avi and I just kept saying "wow" every time we could! So glad to finally tick this off my Pacific Northwest bucket list!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

8 thoughts on the matter:

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Wow, lol! It's awesome you got to see that!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

This is certainly a huge WOW!! I would be in awe!! Gorgeous photos!

Tom said... {Reply}

...I visited Mount Saint Helens a few year after the eruption. As I remember there are a lava tube (tunnel) that I went into. Thanks for joining the party.

Joanne said... {Reply}

What a beautiful day you had for your trip too!

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

I remember when that happened. We had the National Geographic on it and I poured over the photos. Very sad. But also quite amazing,what nature can do.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Such beautiful pics. Very nice. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

Life Images by Jill, West Australia said... {Reply}

amazing mountain scenes. Thanks for sharing and for the link up again this week. Happy travels and stay safe.

Bekah said... {Reply}

I love it that you shared these! I would love to see this in person someday!