Thursday, March 10, 2022

Puppets of New York

The featured exhibit at the Museum of the City of NY right now is all about the history of puppetry in the city. It covers how immigrants brought puppets, enriching the diverse city, The small gallery had a range of famous puppets - those from tv, stage, and street.
It was pretty cool to see Oscar the Grouch, Lamb Chop (oh how I loved her!), the Mahna Mahna muppets, and even a puppet from Avenue Q and Lion King! The city has such a diverse puppet culture including Tony Saarg's puppet creations setting the stage for the Thanksgiving Day parade we all know today. A super sweet exhibit!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

11 thoughts on the matter:

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

This is sooo cool! I love the Muppets and I'd love to see this.

Joanne said... {Reply}

What a neat exhibit! We were just talking about Oscar the Grouch on our walk yesterday! He was one of my favorite Sesame Street characters.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

How very cool! So many puppets!

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

Oh my goodness, I would love this exhibit! I also remember Lamb Chop. What a name!!!

Tom said... {Reply}

...it's Howdy Doody time, I remember watching it as a kid!

Amila said... {Reply}

This is a wonderful collection of puppets. It is nice to see some of the favourite characters from childhood.

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

We are a puppet loving family!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}



Such a fun exhibit! I'm old enough to remember watching Howdy Doody on TV.

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

So cool, Tamar! What a wonderful exhibit!

Shelbee

Daniela said... {Reply}

I so love puppets and those you've caught in your shots are truly amazing, dear Tamar!
Thanking you for hosting,
I'm wishing you a lovely Sunday and new week ahead
XOXO Daniela at ~ My little old world ~

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That is so very cool. I would love to see that exhibit. Thanks for sharing it with us.