Monday, January 2, 2023

The Good. The Random. The Fun. v. 52

The Good:
I treated myself to some Van Leewan over break. The clerk was extremely generous with the vegan whipped cream!

The Random:
Are Chanukah matches different from everything else matches...? Is the miracle that they last long enough to melt every candle in before you scorch your fingers?

The Fun:
There are so many ice rinks around the city during the winter months. Always fun to watch people gliding around. The setting sun made people watching more fun at Brookfield Place.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

9 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...I'm afraid that natural ice for skating is a thing of the past.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

My in-laws had those matches too - and I have the same ones that say Shabbat Shalom! We gave them out last year from the shul on Purim!

Cloudia said... {Reply}

Who knew even matches could be cashier lol. Wishing you a really blessed 2023 Shalom

Bekah said... {Reply}

Those matches make me think of the long fireplace matches we always had at home when I was growing up. It was a grand day in my mind when I was old enough to light one and try to light the fireplace myself. (I was no good at it, but I did enjoy trying!)

Joanne said... {Reply}

Your treat looks delicious!!

roentare said... {Reply}

Looks like a nice stroll in streets and delicious sweets!

Natasha said... {Reply}

When you discover what's so special about the Channukah matches, please let me know. We just use regular ones and maybe we're missing out :)

packmom said... {Reply}

That vegan treat looks amazing and I love me a good ice-rink. I grew up skating on frozen country ponds that were anything but smooth so anytime I had access to a nice rink it was like skating in heaven.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

I love Van Lewyns!