Thursday, July 20, 2023

Lucy The Elephant

Lucy the Elephant is a Margate, NJ institution! She is a giant elephant that is turning 142 this week! She was first built in 1881 and lives right on the beach in Margate. In her 142 years, she has been a hotel, tavern, office, restaurant, and private cottage. She has withstood hurricanes, nor'easters, and fires and is a national and state landmark! Today she is a museum and popular tourist and local attraction. Of course, we had to bring the boys here!
I hadn't taken a tour in ages and ages and we had a great guide. I learned some new facts (or I had forgotten them...) and had fun getting to get back inside the elephant. The views from her back were stunning and reminded me of being up there with my grandparents as a kid. 

Fun fact: the color of her inside is "intestinal pink"!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

8 thoughts on the matter:

roentare said... {Reply}

The elephant is so cute!

Tom said... {Reply}

...thanks for introducing me to Lucy, she is amazing!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Can you believe I never knew you could go inside??

Lea said... {Reply}

Amazing!

Sara Chapman in Seattle USA said... {Reply}

Love this so much! Extremely entertaining!

Judee said... {Reply}

I have been to Margate, Ventnor, and Longport many times and have walked by Lucy many times BUT I never knew you could go inside!!! On my list to do ! thanks

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

I've never taken the tour. She's so iconic!!

rajkumarvistar said... {Reply}

Sp kingstown these comes and to make to liked s of apartments and villas every month. Sp Kingstown project could say presents looking premium 2, 3, and 4 BHK pulse of the daily new brands struggles of parents, right time new class, likes, and caregivers.
https://shapoorjipallonji.ind.in/sp-kingstown/