Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Beginning of the End


This morning I feel like I began the final stretch of my time here at American U.... I registered for my final semester!

I really feel like it was a bittersweet moment. I can think back to every other semester I registered for, the time spent finding the classes that would fit my schedule and needs, the annoyance of the online registration system, and I can think all the way back to May of my senior year of high school trying to figure out HOW to register for college! Wow time has flown by....

Senior year is well under way: my top graduate school application is off, I'm working on the essays for other applications, I've registered, and am making sure all my requirements will be met!

Time sure flies by - don't get me wrong I am savoring each moment here this year realizing that this time next year I won't be here - it is nice to think about what comes next but bittersweet to know my time here is almost up.

I don't know if anyone saw the Newsweek article last week about completing college in 3 years, well one never would have happened for me, but 4 years has been perfect, I've had another year of experiences and explorations another year to grow as a person and I still have one more semester to go (well one semester and 6 weeks!)

For now I'll savor this momentous "last" but still am going to focus on the rest of this semester and having more fun in DC and AU!

1 thoughts on the matter:

Steven said... {Reply}

Mark's course is actually at a decent hour this year, not the ungodly 8:30 slot i had