Thursday, October 1, 2009

Change

Hello, my name is Tamar, and I do not like change.

There, I said it. Admittance is the first step in acceptance and growth right?

For the longest time, (okay, still), I have freaked out when a change occurs in my life. I have always been fine once I accepted the changes in my life, but that jumping off point - not so easy. My mom tells me this goes against my Aquarius nature, but it just is....I do not like change!

I have been doing slightly better, lately but I still know that I need to learn to trust the universe and have made it my goal for 5770. I really thought hard about this during Yom Kippur. Being able to accept the cards I am dealt and find the goodness in the changes around me. Being opened minded and seeing everything as an adventure is the way I hope to be able to see things from now on.

I have really been thinking about this lately because of all the changes I have gone through in my life lately, most not my choice, and those that will be coming this year, most by choice. Sure graduating college (7 months and 8 days to go!) is one of those scary changes, going off into the real world; but, I am beginning to see it as my next adventure. I am excited for the prospects of beginning graduate school, moving to a new city, and starting a new chapter.

I know I will always be apprehensive during times of change, but I hope that each new adventure will provide me opportunities and fun -

When one door opens another door opens!

0 thoughts on the matter: