Thursday, December 31, 2009

And I said I wouldn't....

..... write a review of 2009.....

But, I needed to do something to keep me awake and fill the last 45 minutes of the year....

So... here goes:

This year was a blur.... a blur of excitement, loss, sorrow, joy, hope for the future, and the like.

I never imagined that in one year I would find myself on the extremes of life spectrum.

Looking back on this year I find myself celebrating acceptance to graduate school and still mourning the loss of my Zayda.

How could one year go by so quickly? How can time pass so quickly? How can it be possible that I have now lived through two complete decades?

2009 has brought joyous and tough times not just for my family but for so many - we all look to 2010 to be a better year. But at the same time I find myself wanting time to slow down. It goes by so quickly, so here is to hoping that in 2010 I can savor the moments, good or bad, because before you know it they are gone.

I guess doing Project 365 this past year helped me capture the importance of slowing down, being able to savor a moment, either in photo form or in my memory forever. This year I will try to get out of the fast lane and savour each moment, no need to rush rush rush... life will be there whether you take the express of the local. So this year I plan on taking the local, because I know there will be so much GOOD happening this year that I do not want to miss at all!!

To a happy new year!

Slow down, you move too fast
You gotta make the morning last
Just kickin' down the cobblestones
Lookin' for fun and
Feelin' groovy

0 thoughts on the matter: