Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I think I've become a New Yorker.....

No, I am not joking......

It's odd.....

It may be true......

I went into the city today to meet up with friends. I was able to navigate and be a tour guide to them: from Penn Station, up 5th Ave to Rockafeller Plaza, to Times Square, to Bryant Park, back to Grand Central.

Two years ago I remember sitting in our car on Post Road, beyond lost, beyond late for my dentist appointment, tears streaming down my face while I sobbed into the phone to my mom "I don't like NY, I cannot find anything, and the other drivers honk and yell at me!"

Today, I felt confident navigating NY. What a change, what an adjustment, I guess it shows that all you need is time.

But no..... I am not talking like a New Yorker*....

*99% of the time

0 thoughts on the matter: