Thursday, November 25, 2010

Oh so thankful

There is so much to be thankful for this year in my family.  I really feel like this year is the first time I can stand here, or sit as the case may be, and really feel thankful.  

I mean I am always thankful at Thanksgiving, thankful to live in a country where I have rights and freedoms, thankful for my family, etc.  

But this year, 2010, has been a huge year for me and the family.  After a few years that were filled with some sadness and loss this year has been full of wonderful gains for which I am so happy and grateful for! 
First and foremost, my mommy!  I mean I wouldn't be here with out her, but over the past 3 years she has been there for me for every loss and every gain - there is no way I would be as strong as I am today or aware of everything I need to be grateful for if it weren't for her ability to ground me and love me unconditionally! That is something to be grateful for! 
My sister! I am so grateful that over the last 9 months we were talking online numerous times a day! It really made the distance between Boston and Oregon seem shorter and I am so grateful that we are so close!                              
My dad, again without him I wouldn't be here, and even though I don't see him as much as I see my mom or sister I know he loves me I am grateful to have him in my life.
Um hello - couldn't be any more grateful for having graduated college this year! I am most grateful for my personal effort and perseverance over 4 years of studies, it wasn't always easy but I am so thankful I stuck to it because walking across that stage is an amazing feeling and I am so grateful I had the opportunity to experience that.   
And now I am so grateful to have the chance to go to grad school and study to be a teacher, it really is my dream job (okay, astronaut may be my dream job).  I am loving my studies and so thankful for that!
 
And last but certainly not least! Noam! I am so thankful for a new life in our family.  He is such a joy and what a better way to enter a season of thanksgiving than with a new sweet little life in the family!

Happy thanksgiving to you and yours!

0 thoughts on the matter: