Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Slow Down

Slow down, you move too fast...
You got to make the morning last...

{Simon and Garfunkel - 59th Street Bridge Song}

I am always on the go. 
Do this. Do that. Adventure here. Adventure there. 

This past week, though, my body made me slow down. Some random health things and a few days where I was forced to slow down. 

It's ok to spend four days on the couch.
It's ok to barely move for four days.
It's ok to binge watch an entire season of Grace & Frankie in one day.
It's ok to just be meh.
It's ok to be bored and lazy.

Granted, it shouldn't take a health scare to make me slow down, but I for sure learned from this - slowing down is a good thing! Sometimes, the next adventure can wait.



Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

15 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...you do what your bidy tells you to do! Slow and easy ain't a bad thing. Thanks for stopping by, please come again.

Bekah said... {Reply}

I hope you are feeling better!!! I'm so glad you got some rest. We are bad about being forced into rest by sickness too! :(

Suburban Girl said... {Reply}

I need to speed up. Get well!

Chere Mama said... {Reply}

Slowing down is so good for the brain. You can almost feel it decompress. HOpe you are feeling better, though.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

I hope you're feeling better. It is good to take it easy once in awhile, you're super active and adventurous!! I just started watching Grace & Frankie, I think I'm up to Episode 5, season 1. Love it!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Love that song. Hope you're ok!

NanaHood said... {Reply}

Hope you are feeling better! Do come link up with me! http://nanahood.com/family-weekends-without-technology

Anonymous said... {Reply}

Didn't know that was Simon & Garfunkel's song! It's hard to slow down when you're an active person (am speaking from experience:)), sometimes even torturous! Hope you'll soon recuperate!

As I live said... {Reply}

Hope you are feeling better!!!!

Ida said... {Reply}

Love the song...so sorry you were a bit under the weather. I hope that the days of rest were just what you needed.

Linda said... {Reply}

I use that song when I catch myself driving too fast!

Nicki said... {Reply}

Hope you minded your body and are feeling better.

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

Slowing down sometimes IS a good thing.

Pieni Lintu said... {Reply}

Hope you feel better!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

We all need rest and down time, Tama! I binged watched Frankie and Grace recently too! They crack me up, but I thought they were funnier last season.