Tuesday, July 17, 2018

The Shape of Speed

Baby you can drive my car...
Yes I'm gonna be a star...
Baby you can drive my car...
Beep beep'm beep beep yeah...

{Drive My Car -- The Beatles}

Fun fact about me...I love cars. Classic cars. Current cars. I really have always been fascinated by them. "Top Gear" is a guilty Netflix pleasure! 

So when Avi told me about the current special exhibit at the Portland Art Museum, I had to make it down to check it out. 

They currently have 19 classic streamlined cars on display. Works of art these are! My eyes bugged out of my head as I walked by Thunderbirds, a Buggati, a 1938 Mercedes, and so much more. 

To think these were the cars to have back then, the first stab at luxury and streamlined aerodynamic vehicles. Auto design has come a long way in the last century, but they for sure don't make them like they used to!

   
   

Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

11 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...WOW!!! These are art of the highest order, thanks for raising my blood pressure. 😀

Bekah said... {Reply}

I did NOT know this about you! :) What a fun fact to have learned! :)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Woah these are awesome!!

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

Oh wow, these cars are awesome Tamar :)

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

So cool. Guess who would love this? My boys!

Life Images by Jill said... {Reply}

don't you just love classic cars! Oh to be in one humming through the countryside. Have a fun week!

Lea said... {Reply}

Beautiful!
Have a wonderful day!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That is so cool. Thanks for sharing it.

EricaSta said... {Reply}

What a interesting Post! I love the Oldtimer.

Klara S said... {Reply}

Stunning. I have no words.

Ida said... {Reply}

Those are some pretty spiffy cars!