Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Marathon Monday!

{You are| invincible, unbreakable
Unstoppable, unshakeable...

 
 
They knock {you} down, {you} get up again
{You are} the champion...


I am the Champion -- Carrie Underwood

Yesterday is Boston's best day! Marathon Monday.
I started my day volunteering down on the Common clearing runner to load up to Hopkinton. It was a blast with teammates Emily and Gabbie and despite the monsoon (I had flashbacks) and bit we sheltered in the parking garage because of thunder and lightning, it was amazing!

After my shift was through, I dashed home to cheer in my neighborhood at mile 24. I stood outside for nearly 5 hours cheering on every runner, friend, and person passing by.

The rain came back and eventually, a rainbow emerged as the last runners made their way to the finish line.

It was beyond amazing to be back on the other side of the barrier cheering on my friends and all the runners. There was something amazing to say "you are SO close" and truly know at that point, 2 miles is nothing.

Once again, the human spirit left me speechless (and voiceless). Yesterday also marked 6 years since the marathon bombings and I only saw the definition of "Boston Strong" out there!!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

11 thoughts on the matter:

Bekah said... {Reply}

I remember cheering you on from afar last year! :) I am so glad you were part of the day again and that you had a wonderful time!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Thank you for sharing your day with us! Amazing!

Tom said... {Reply}

...I was thinking of you yesterday. A 95 year young friend told us that her granddaughter was running, she said that it was 'big deal.'

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Amazing, glad you got to see your friends running. Great pictures.

Klara S said... {Reply}

Monday with a marathon is a good Monday ;)
Thank you for hosting.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

So very cool. What a great and amazing day. Great pics. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

What a wonderful job of supporting others.. Good job!

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

You did such a great thing! Love the photo of you with your friend.

Life Images by Jill said... {Reply}

I've never been much of a runner, so I couldn't even contemplate a marathon, though my husband was a runner, and my son is a runner, so well done to everyone who is a runner! Awesome! And thank you so much for continuing Wednesday Around the World!

Tea With Jennifer said... {Reply}

Thank you for a lovely & inspiring post. Happy Easter.
Bless you,
Jennifer

Sharon said... {Reply}

Good for you, volunteering! I love the photo of you comforting the tired runner. You are perfect to do this, as you run too. Great photos!