Thursday, November 14, 2019

Things My Third Graders Say v. 29

me: how many pets do you have
kid: well the fish keeps having guppies and eating them...so not sure!

me: what's a word that ends with -eck
kid: heck
me: no

me: please write your name
kid: oh, that's the easy thing

me: what instrument do you play
kid: tennis 
me: try again
kid: so you're that kind of teacher
me: what type
kid: the stereotype
me: oh?
kid: yea, a teacher, eating an apple, c'mon

me: now write 'how does the eagle fly'
kid: oh good one-word 'wings'
me: no no, write the words 'how does the eagle fly'

me: are you waiting for godot
kid: to go where

me: will the tooth fairy come tonight or after shabbat
kid: i don't know, is the tooth fairy jewish
kid 1: is dong a word
me: no
kid 2: yeah...ding dong

kid: oh no i forgot how the alphabet starts

me: why are you eating paper
kid: it's fiber
me: no

kid: what do you make waffles in
me: a waffle maker
kid: you sure, that's too obvious  
me: where are the great plains
kid: in white plains, ny
me: no not in ny

me: why is your hand up
kid: because i don't have a question
me: you have that backwards then

me: what is east of massachusetts 
kid: the atlantic water
me: so close

kid: is his name george or washington
me: george washington
kid: well which is it
me: its both...george washington
kid: nooo i don't think so 
me: what's another continent
kid: south arctica 

me: stay to your right...no, your other right
kid: which right is wrong
me: exactly

me: the prefix re- means again
kid: so recess is cessing again
me: not quite
kid: wait wait it's reassessing if we should be in school
me: no

kid: a baguette pizza is a...bagizza...a bagapizza...a baguizza?

They keep me laughing, that is for sure!!




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

17 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...out of the mouths of babes.

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

I think these 3rd grade posts are my favorite!

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

Hilarious! I wish I could have thought to write down some of the things my kids said when I was teaching! :)

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I love how you always just say "no."

Kippi O'Hern said... {Reply}

Thank you so much for hosting the party. I have missed your party so glad to have the chance to visit this week.
Have a great weekend,
Kippi

LA Paylor said... {Reply}

I look forward to these funny thoughts!!! You must be a creative teacher, lucky kids. I am still chuckling... Atlantic water (smart) and reassessing... omg

Lisa notes... said... {Reply}

Oh, if kids only knew how funny they were! :) My daughter's 1st graders say the funniest things too. I'm sure it makes your day brighten up when that happens.

Suchot said... {Reply}

These are awesome! Some of my favorite posts of yours. Little kids are so funny. I love when you give them the right answer and they say to you, no I don't think it's that. Lol

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Oh my word, Tamar, I was definitely laughing out loud at this one! When I opened your page and saw the blog post title, I got so excited! I needed a good laugh today. Thank you for that!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Cloudia said... {Reply}

Most enjoyable thank you for sharing

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

So very funny. Very nice.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

I love these! They are so funny and smart!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

This blog post made me chuckle, Tamar!

Anonymous said... {Reply}

Those are too funny!

Michelle
https://bijoubeadboutique.com

Joanne said... {Reply}

I just love this series of yours; it's always so funny and so sweet.

Bekah said... {Reply}

YES!!!! I LOVE THESE POSTS! I was behind on reading blogs today and now I'm glad. I needed this for the end of the day!

betty-NZ said... {Reply}

My goodness, how adorable are these quotes!! Thanks for the giggles :)



My Corner of the World