Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Ice Castles

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen...


A kingdom of {amazement}
And it looks like I'm the queen...


{Let it Go -- Frozen}

I'd heard of the amazing Ice Castles up in New Hampshire for years, but never made my way that way. Devorah and I went during February vacation after a day of skiing.

They were magnificent! Over 25,000 tons of ice grown from the ground up in the forms of ice mounds and icicles.

There were tunnels and little ways to wind around through the majestic creations. Some sections had lights set in them so they glowed, others had little fountains, and some had etched creations.

We were so glad we were all bundled up in our ski gear but had an amazing time!!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

13 thoughts on the matter:

Bekah said... {Reply}

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I wanna go!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Oooh so magical! I want to go too!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Definitely looks like a Frozen castle!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Woah! This is amazing! What an awesome experience.

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Barbara Rogers said... {Reply}

Super amazing ice formations. I guessed they were man made, but was glad to hear that these creations make a total sensory experience. That's my theme for today...enjoying all our senses of life!

Tom said... {Reply}

...WOW for sharing the beauty of winter. This is the second Ice Castle that I've seen, a blogger friend in Alberta posted the one out there. Thanks.

packmom said... {Reply}

That looks amazing! Glad you made it there.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

What a cool place. Very nice.

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

They are really great photos. Thanks for sharing. That looks lovely!

Veronica Lee said... {Reply}

WOW! The photos are surreal. They look like they popped right out of a scene in Frozen!!!

Suburban Girl said... {Reply}

Wow, just WOW! I never heard of this. I will have to put it on my bucket list!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

Beautiful! We've visited ice castles in Colorado and they are always fun to see and walk around in. Many are lit up in colorful lights at night

Jaśmin said... {Reply}

This ice castle looks insane.