Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Walden Pond

I want to live alone in the desert
I want to be like Georgia O'Keefe...

I want to live on the Upper East Side
And never go down in the street...


{Splendid Isolation -- Warren Zevon} 

I hadn't been to Walden Pond in 4 years - and that was during a snowy February. I took advantage of the seemingly rare sunny and seasonally temperate day to get out into nature.

As I walked the trails around this historic place of solitude, I couldn't help but think that Thoreau chose to live there. Alone. Cut off from others but in nature and with his thoughts.

It was a good realization on weekend "I lost count" of quarantine. I feel lucky that Gov. Baker's stay at home order allows us chances to be outside and has left state parks open to allow us to do so. Signs remind us to distance and the loop trail was one way.

I was at peace as I walked through the trees. One with nature and myself.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

12 thoughts on the matter:

handmade by amalia said... {Reply}

Thank you for the lovely party. Happy May!
Amalia
xo

Tom said... {Reply}

...now this is one of the many places that I'd love to go to, until then thanks for taking me along!

Barbara Rogers said... {Reply}

I lived in CT in the 60s...and that must have been when I once visited Walden. I'm so glad to have his book and to re-read it every once in a while. Thanks for the photos of the path, and I'm so glad to hear it's open.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

That looks like such a nice peaceful place to walk! It's good that the loop is one way..now if people could just follow that at the grocery store too!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

We went to a state park this weekend too. I always like Thoreau.

Suchot said... {Reply}

I would love to visit Walden Pond! <3 Thanks for sharing the pics.

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

That's a beautiful spot - lovely pics. Thanks for the virtual visit

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Wow, very nice. That is a place that I would love to visit. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Elena Alice said... {Reply}

I have recently read about Walden's Pond and want to read Thoreau's book on it. What a good reminder to slow down and be ok with disconnecting from technology and busyness to enjoy the beauty of nature. I was curious what the pod actually looks like, so this was a fun way to travel there from the comfort of my sofa :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}



I loved see Waldon's Pond through your eyes, Tamar!

Life Images by Jill, West Australia said... {Reply}

the silver lining to Covid is the opportunity to be still and be out in nature just absorbing the beautify around us.

Natasha said... {Reply}

What a beautiful place to walk... Thank you for sharing.