Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Start spreading the news...

Start spreadin' the news, I'm leavin' {soon}
I want to be a part of it
New York, New York...

Right through the very heart of it
New York, New York...


{New York, New York -- Frank Sinatra}

Well.
I like to keep life exciting, even during a global pandemic.
I am thrilled to announce that I have accepted a job at another Jewish day school in NY and am heading back to the Empire State in the next few weeks!!

Not only is this a massive change of scenery and zip code but also a massive role change. I am, after 8 amazing years of teaching, stepping into an administrative role.

For the last few years, as I began to present at conferences and took on a staff leadership role at Maimo, I began to want to work with teachers more and move into school admin/leadership. I actually applied to this job about a week or so before the world shut down and never in a million years thought it would become anything!

I'll be working with the 3-5 grade teachers and be on the educational leadership team. I am super excited to take this step and join this community which has been so welcoming in the weeks since it was all finalized.

It's crazy to be leaving Boston after (almost) 10 years. Crazier to do it during a pandemic. But, another great outcome will be being so much closer to mom. Also, Westchester isn't foreign to me as we moved their 13 years ago for mom to take a job, so I know the area and already know loads of people!

When the world returns to "normal" I can't wait to have easy access to NYC for weekend adventures and lay new roots in NY once again. Boston and Maimo will always have a beyond special place in my heart and I will be back to visit (and hug) people when I can!!

So. New adventures await. A new chapter. A new home. Ready or not!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!


13 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...my best to you!

Bekah said... {Reply}

Well what a way to start out my Tuesday news! I am so very, very, very excited for you!! You will be amazing; I have no doubt about that. And I'm so excited to read of all your adventures in New York. But what ever shall I do without the adorable sayings of all the kids???

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

I'm so excited for you and your new adventure! This sounds like a great career step for you and I'm sure Mom is thrilled to have you back! I know Boston will miss you!

Saun said... {Reply}

How exciting good luck with your new adventure

Saun in Ohio

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

Congratulations! That is so exciting! Wishing you all the best of luck!

Barbara Rogers said... {Reply}

Oh what great news! Congratulations. I wish you all the best as you change responsibilities, and settle into a new environment. May your blog continue to give us tidbits of the changes you experience! And thanks for what you've already posted here!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Congrats and much luck to you!

Suchot - The Curious Frugal said... {Reply}

Congrats Tamar! That's very exciting news!!

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

Congratulations. That is exciting, and I look forward to seeing your photos 'around the world' after the move...

Life Images by Jill, West Australia said... {Reply}

All the best for your new location, your new job, and new horizons! Congratulations for putting your hand up and taking the challenge. The world awaits. Enjoy every moment. Have a fabulous week and thank you again for the link up. Stay safe!

KlaraS said... {Reply}

Congrats! And good luck!

Jill Foley said... {Reply}

Congratulations! It sounds like a wonderful, exciting opportunity.

Mandy said... {Reply}

Congrats on your new job! I hope it everything you want and more! And so jealous of all the fun adventures you'll have in NY! Best of luck on the move and start of your new job!

With Love,
Mandy