Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Apple Picking

Me and my friends are gonna pick a bag of apples...
Me and my friends are gonna pick a bag today...
Gonna climb up the tree and pick a bag of apples..
Ooh, yeah, gonna pick a bag today...

{Pick a Bag of Apples -- preschool song}

My apple picking tradition continues even in a new state! I took advantage of a day off to drive up north in the county and pick some apples.

I admit, I am a creature of habit and was worried a new orchard would live up to my beloved Honeypot Hill in MA, but this orchard was really lovely. 

Great scenery, perfect fall weather, and delicious apples. I gathered up some Cortland, Idared, Macintosh, and Winesap and called it a day.

Nothing better than fresh apples you picked yourself as an afternoon snack!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

11 thoughts on the matter:

Villrose said... {Reply}

A nice and familiar sight! But not this year. We have two trees in the garden, and they had two apples altogether. Usually there are lots and lots. No apple pie for me!

Tom said... {Reply}

...this is such a sweet time of year!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I love apple picking.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

How beautiful. Apple orchards and pumpkin patches are always my favorite to photograph! You did well with your pickings!

Anonymous said... {Reply}

the second wave is starting and in a pandemic it is usually the 2nd wave that kills the majority of people. You baby boomers are all going to die of corona-virus and finally the world will be able to make progress when you boomers are all dead

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

I've never been apple picking! Looks fun!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Very cool. I am going this weekend.

Bekah said... {Reply}

Yummmm! I've never gone apple picking, but I do love some apple EATING!!

Life Images by Jill said... {Reply}

apples picked straight off the tree - delicious! Stay safe and have a good week

Arun said... {Reply}

Apple-picking is so much fun. We used to do it as a family until my children flew the nest. Last year, my wife and I vacationed at a forest resort. It was a much-needed getaway that both of us were looking forward to. We enjoyed picking wild berries and rhubarbs that were growing near the resort.

Natasha said... {Reply}

I would love to go apple picking sometime but I just don't know what we would do with all of them! But it looks like a lot of fun.