Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Philadelphia Art Museum

We were outside Philly over the weekend for a family wedding and spent the hours before the party at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. We used to come here all the time when I was little and I don't think we had been inside in close to 18 years. I was also excited because the museum recently completed a massive renovation and redesign and I couldn't wait to see it.
The changes at the west entrance were beyond stunning. I walked in and kept going "omg! omg! there used to be a wall there!" They basically opened up a wall and made use of a lot of open space. Frank Gehry was the architect and he melded the old architecture with a new lighter style. It's superb!
 After I picked my jaw off the ground we wandered to all our favorite galleries. It was basically muscle memory taking us through galleries! Of course, no trip to the museum is complete until you head out to the front and the infamous Rocky Steps! I didn't run them this time, but took in that gorgeous Philly view!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!


9 thoughts on the matter:

Natasha said... {Reply}

Oh, this makes me even MORE excited to get to Philadelphia one of these days...

Tom said... {Reply}

...gorgeous!

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

What a gorgeous building. Love the clouds reflected in the last photo. We have some of the Constantin Brancusi sculptures here too.

Joanne said... {Reply}

What a beautiful museum! The last time we were in Philly we had three very young boys with us (or maybe just 2?!) and art museums were not on the agenda.

Linda said... {Reply}

It is beautiful!

Bekah said... {Reply}

What a beautiful building - and view of Philly! It is on our list of places to go - and we had planned to do just that a couple of years ago before another destination took precedence. I can't wait to go eventually!

Life Images by Jill, West Australia said... {Reply}

YOu have shared another fabulous gallery to visit - and lots of leading lines I need for my photography group topic this month. Stay safe and enjoy your weekend ahead.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Sooo fun! We were there on NYE during the day. Love it!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

I would love to visit there. So very beautiful. Thanks for sharing it.