Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Zoo Lights 2022

Over winter break, we went to the Bronx Zoo for Zoo Lights. The animal shaped lanterns are just amazing and so well done. They group them by region of the world: Asia, Africa, the ocean, North America and Latin America. We lucked out with the weather being slightly less arctic and the place wasn't as mobbed as in year's past, win win.
It truly is amazing what they can do with the lanterns and the space in the zoo. It feels so real; some of them were slightly animatronic or a cheetah placed just too close to the giraffes. There were several new lanterns since we last went in 2020, too. My personal favorite was the peacocks. Another super winter offering around these parts!
 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

8 thoughts on the matter:

roentare said... {Reply}

It looks like lantern festival of lights

Tom said... {Reply}

...they are works of art.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

This is really cool. I think our zoo had zoo lights this year but we didn't make it there.

Bekah said... {Reply}

I have never seen anything like this, and I love it! I mean, you know I love all the lights of any kind, but I've never seen animal-shaped lanterns like this! So cool!

Bekah said... {Reply}

(Unless I spaced it after the last time you posted...and then forgive me!!)

Jim said... {Reply}

Looks awesome. Our Taronga Zoo does something like that for our Vivid Festival.

Joanne said... {Reply}

It really is amazing! We went a few years ago to our local zoo and we were so impressed.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

So very beautiful. Love the lights.