Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Kusama in NYC

There is an amazing exhibit of all new work by Yayoi Kusama at the David Zwirner Gallery in Chelsea. The airy gallery space houses one of the largest installations by the legendary artist to date. There is a new mirrored infinity room, three massive flowers, her signature spotted pumpkins, and some prints. 
I've never seen her work in a gallery like this and it was amazing to be able to see the scale as people walked around engaging with the works. This is the 3rd infinity room I've been able to step into (one was in Boston and one at the NYBG!) and the second time I've seen an exhibit of her work. 

She is a true genius and the whimsy of her mind knows no bounds. I truly feel fortunate every time I'm able to enjoy her masterpieces. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

10 thoughts on the matter:

NCSue said... {Reply}

Wow! That's stunning - each and every image! I'd love to see this exhibit.
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/07/tommys-exercise-routine.html

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Very cool!

Tom said... {Reply}

...wowzer!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

I would love to see that. That is so super cool. Very nice.

Natasha said... {Reply}

Oh my gosh. I would LOVE to see an exhibition of her work. She's just been on my radar for a few years but I am so intrigued by her.

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

I am mad for her work. My fb feed has been pushing this exhibition (quite a mean trick as I'm so far away!!) I was so glad to see you went (and shared the pics. Thank you!!) We are back to Tokyo in Jan and I hope to see her new exhibition at her museum there. Great pics!

Jim said... {Reply}

Amazing artworks.

Joanne said... {Reply}

So neat! I really love that infinity room.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}




Amazing sculptures!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

You find the coolest art!