Monday, October 21, 2013

P52: Week 42 around the sun

This week was crazy! I am a firm believer that a full moon makes everything crazy and that belief was confirmed this week!

We had such a busy week at school, including our first math test and starting our new Chumash workbooks. Everyone was a bit off this week leading up to the gorgeous moon, thankfully we ended the week on a super awesome note. Makes the insanity worth it!

Fall has suddenly showed up in full colorful force too. I just love driving to and from work now and seeing the amazing colors on the trees. Our school is surrounded by a rainbow of foliage too, I just love this season.

I also may need a prescription for anti-anxiety meds by the time baseball season is over. I love my Sox, but there have been way to many nail biters and late nights! But, there was NOTHING better than watching them punch their ticket to the World Series on Saturday night. Of course, I missed the massive grand slam, but who cares....GO Sox!!

Highlight of the week: My math class did SO well on their first unit assessment! I always get anxious if they truly know the material, but it was great to see they did. Now onward to advanced addition and subtraction!

Favorite teaching moment: Ending the week on a beautiful note, with the 3rd and 4th graders going around saying what was good about our week and then singing songs for Kabbalat Shabbat, so special.

Random-osity: I may now hold the record for the fastest IKEA trip, ever. In and out (with purchase) in 17 minutes. Insane, right?
I'm working on growing the blog's Facebook page - won't you please join me over there as well? I post a sampling of the random things around me and would love to connect there (here) too!

And I am on bloglovin' here! Plus the various other social media sites, see the links at the top right of the page!

 The Details
* Post 1 photo or as many as you like each week on Mondays.
* The button or text link should be present in your post- but not absolutely necessary.
* Please visit some other blogs & leave some love & encouragement.
* Submit the URL of your blog post - not your home page.

Can’t wait to see all your photos each week as we venture through 2013!
Project 52
Kleinworth & Co.,Project 52, photo sharing, weekly Monday blog link up

11 thoughts on the matter:

Anonymous said... {Reply}

Yes, go Sox!!!! I couldn't watch the game, but how exciting!

Kmcblackburn said... {Reply}

Glorioius autumn shots! The lighting is beautiful...almost a glow. And that's my man Victorino for you! Former Phillie, forever in my heart :)

Pride In Photos Beauty said... {Reply}

What is insane is your fall pictures..so love this season...can't get enough. Happy Monday to you.

Kim said... {Reply}

I kind of subscribe to full moon theories. Whenever things are crazy, I check and sure enough! You fall images are so wonderful. Hopefully that color change is on the way here. Seems late this year and I thought our cool summer would give us an early fall. Go figure. And since the Braves didn't measure up this year...Go Sox!

Anonymous said... {Reply}

Yay!!! SOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My cousins are going crazy! Oh! how I love the colors of New England - we are not there yet in the South. Beautiful favorite moment. :) I love how you love your kids.

Kim Stevens said... {Reply}

tap, tap, tap...still waiting for some color here (we do get some, a little). I did find a lone red leaf at the nursery this weekend, it was a highlight! lol

17 minutes in AND out of Ikea....no way! :)

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

you sound like the best teacher. I love how the students make your weeks great!

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

LOVE your images of fall. I get pulled in & held there - I just can't get enough of the colors.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Definitely a full moon week and I don't even think I got to see it (but I did see Gravity finally!). That is a crazy short Ikea trip! I don't know how you did it!

Nancy said... {Reply}

I watched a little of the Red Sox Game the other night and thought of you. :)

packmom said... {Reply}

Beautiful moon shot and such gorgeous fall colors in Boston. Love those reflection shots.