Sunday, June 22, 2014

Song-osity: Light it up

If we all light up...
we can scare away the dark...

Summer time. So much light. So much sun. Yesterday was the longest day of the year. In Boston we had 15.5 hours of daylight. So much light compared to the 9 hour days we have in December.

I usually long for the cozy dark nights of winter, but this year, I am embracing the light and learning to love the warmth is brought with it. To celebrate the start of summer, I spent a lovely afternoon in a park, picnicking with friends. I plan to savor every second of daylight this summer, before too long the dark nights of winter will have scared it away.

also...going to do a better job at promoting my Monday link-up!
come join the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday, right here!

8 thoughts on the matter:

Unknown said... {Reply}

Loving this shot - and loving the longer days of summer right along with you!!

Nicki said... {Reply}

After last winter - loving the light should be on everyone's agenda. Lovely shot - enjoy your summer.

Molly said... {Reply}

I love the summer, it is definitely my favourite season

Mollyxxx

Kim Cunningham said... {Reply}

I'm really loving the warmth too! I usually long for autumn's crispness, but I feel content to soak up summer right now.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

I feel like I"m appreciating spring and summer so much more this year. It helps that we've had an absolutely gorgeous spring. I can't get over the awful winter we had!!

Anonymous said... {Reply}

Beautiful lighting and texture!

Karen said... {Reply}

Hello beautiful sunshine! Love the colors and the texture.

Debbie said... {Reply}

The long days are just wonderful but I often feel I exhaust myself trying to fill up every single minute ;)

Nothing better then a picnic lunch in the park, your image is beautiful!,