Thursday, November 15, 2018

Endlessly Repeating

"Endlessly Repeating" is one of my favorite installations at the MFA.
Josiah McElheny's mirrored piece is filled with hand-blown glass vessels. They're perfectly placed in this mirrored cube. No matter which way you look you see an endless repetition, seeming to go on for infinity. 
I've always taken in this work close up. Capturing the vessels up close.
But, on my last visit, as I walked past the gallery I noticed how the mirrored cube seemed to camouflage into the gallery.
The modern, sleek cube, seemingly disappeared into the ornate architecture of the MFA.
And that right there is why I love the MFA.
They've curated modern and classic works so seamlessly.
Art, just endlessly repeating.

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

11 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

The mirrored cube is amazing! It creates a wonderful illusion.

Tom said... {Reply}

...a wonderful trick for the eyes!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

What an amazing image, Tamar! Thanks for sharing!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Oh wow that is so amazing!!

Julie | This Main Line Life said... {Reply}

Oh, that's really cool. I always love installations like this.

Bekah said... {Reply}

THAT is amazing. Thanks for sharing art with those of us who live too far away to see it in person!

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

Adding the MFA to my list! I've never been there!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That is a place that I would love to visit. Beautiful pics. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

That's a gorgeous installation.

Joanne said... {Reply}

That is so cool! I just might have to drag my boys into the city to see that!

Klara S said... {Reply}

WOW, interesting work.
Thank you for hosting.