Thursday, August 13, 2020

Nature Trail and Cranberry Bog

My last Boston adventure was to the Nature Trail at Patriot Place. Tucked behind Gilette Stadium is a cranberry bog that is still in operation! There is a half-mile trail around the wetlands and bog and it was a perfect last exploration.
The woods had beautiful flowers and great views of the wetlands. Then you come out at the bog (that was first planted in 1929!). You wouldn't realize it in the summer if you're only used to flooded bogs. I could make out the berries growing in. In the fall, they'll flood the bog and harvest the berries!

It's a great little place to explore and you'd never know there was a football stadium half a mile away either!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

11 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

What a beautiful place to be able to explore. It will leave you with great memories of Boston.

Tom said... {Reply}

...I have always wanted to see the cranberry harvest!

Joanne said... {Reply}

My boys and I came so close to checking that out last time we were at Bass Pro shops but the weather was less than ideal.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I want to see a cranberry bog in harvest season!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Tamar, that is super cool! I would love to see a cranberry bog during harvest!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

So cool! You really found so many great spots!

Lucy said... {Reply}

What a lovely place to explore!! I've never seen a cranberry bog! xx

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

You always find the best places! What a wonderful adventure.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

Beautiful! Boston will always hold a special place in your heart.

Bekah said... {Reply}

Wow! What a find!! I read a novel once where the main character worked on a cranberry bog, and it fascinated me. I learned so much from that!!

This is beautiful and looks about 100 miles from a city!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

So very cool. Love it. Thanks for sharing. I would love to visit there.