Thursday, May 27, 2021

More MOMA

One of the most amazing parts of the MOMA is its ever-changing collection. I feel like every time I have ever been there, new pieces are hanging on the gallery walls. I think something that makes MOMA so unique is that their collection spans the modern range. Monet to Pollock. Rothko to Rousseau.
This was the first time we saw Monet's Water Lillies up close and I have always loved Picasso's Three Musicians and to see that up close was so fun. The galleries are arranged in a linear progression and it's so fun to see how art has evolved over the decades.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

13 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

I have never been to MOMA so very much enjoy seeing it through your eyes. I hope to get there one day!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Oh wow, Tamar, I want to go! The MOMA has Picasso's Les Demoiselles d'Avignon on exhibition! That is my favorite painting ever! I would love to see it in real life. I wrote an entire Philosophy thesis in college about voyeurism and did an extensive analysis of this particular Picasso piece as an illustration of it.

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Tom said... {Reply}

...simply put, the MOMA is amazing!

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

Thanks for all the ways you share the richness of your world!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Ooh I love that last one!

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

Thanks for sharing. I haven't been to MOMA for several years.

Lucy said... {Reply}

I love seeing all of it through your post! Wish I could be there in person though! Great post!

Sara Chapman in Seattle USA said... {Reply}

So many years since I've been there. Such a walk down memory lane for some of the art. Thanks so much for posting. It's so great they let you take photos!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Oooh I miss the MOMA! These photos are so great!

Linda said... {Reply}

I enjoyed this post. I love how the first one has a man sitting on furniture in front of a painting with furniture. I was glad to see Lewis Hine's photos represented in the photographs from a hundred years ago.

Unlike Shelbee, Les Demoiselles d'Avignon is not on my list of favorites by Picasso. I suspect that he was mocking Cezanne's paintings of island women.

I've seen a number of Monet's water lilies painting in France and they are wonderful! A small reproduction is not the same at all, is it? We actually went to Giverny to see his garden and pond. Lovely place!

Linda said... {Reply}

Oh, I mean Gauguin.

Natasha said... {Reply}

Next time we go to New York, I want to go to MOMA. Last time we went I thought the kids might be a bit too young but now I KNOW they'd appreciate it.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That is a museum that I truly want to visit. Thanks for sharing it with us.